Sunday, July 29, 2007

Suspension Install Failure

I had a really good feeling about the shop... I called on Thursday for a quote, he asks me "what is the best quote youve gotten so far?" I tell him 250$, and he thinks for a second and asks me "how does 180$ sound?"
Sounds freaking good to me... saving money is always good. I call back on Friday to see if they have time to install my suspension... they dont, but he says he can do it on Saturday if I get there first thing in the morning...

So im supposed to be at the shop to install suspension at 10:00, and i get there at 10:30 (the shop is in Rowland Heights, like 40-50 min away). I didnt even have their address either... i tried looking it up online... nothing. Tried calling the shop... no answer... Left a voice message... nothing... Tried calling the person who recommended them... he doesnt answer... Finally I'm like "fuck.... i'll just go in the general direction and hope the shop answers before i get there." They never do.. until i think of trying to search their phone number online... so i call up scott and ask him to do it for me.... and it works!

I get there... and the guy is like "shit, i didnt know your car is a new audi, i thought it was old... this car is hard as hell, i'm gonna have to charge you a lil more." I tell him thats fine. So it goes from 180$ to 200$.

So i left at 9:30 and got there at 10:30... We begin, he takes off the inside panels of my trunk... thinking thats how you unbolt the shocks. We spend half an hour trying to do this... until he realizes we dont need to do that... so we put everything back on.

The shitty thing about the day was... the guy would start working on my car for 10 minutes, then some customer would show up and hed have to go talk to them for like 15-20 min, and I had to just wait....
This happened the whole time... By 1pm, my front wheels were barely off.... To make things worse, I had to be in Irvine at 3!!
To make things worse... the guy at the shop is completely stuck on the install... he cant unbolt the axel bolt, so he couldnt get the front shocks out... he has to try another, more difficult way....

Lucky for me... my dad was actually in Rowland heights too.... so he gave me a ride to Irvine, we left at like 2. The shop guy tells me to be back by 5... he should have it done by then...

I go to Irvine to sign my apartment renting papers, and get back to Rowland by 4.
I hoping with all my heart that im gonna drive in and see my car outside slammed to the ground....

What do i see.... my car still on the lift, the rear wheels arent even off yet....
They gave up.... the whole day, they didnt get past trying to do my front...
So i spent the entire day... from 10:30-4:30 for nothing...

But still.... the guy was really nice.... what waste of my day tho!!

Proof i went:


I seriously think god doesnt want me lowered....
First the Tein incident, now this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home