Friday, July 6, 2007

A Few New Mods Today

Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers

If you remember from my 2nd post... I bought some CF mirror covers, but they didnt look right w/ white showing from the mirror underneath still.

So i needed go get black mirrors.... I looked for a while, and couldnt find anyone that would sell me theirs... So finally today I had time to paint my own...

Took off the mirror covers... that was easy.... sanded them down really quickly.... cleaned them off


Test fitted the mirror covers...
Passenger side was perfect... driver side was ok....


Some parts were too thick and not sitting flush... so i whipped out the best tool known to man, the dremel, and got to work.... Dremeled it down a lil bit, and it fit better. Not perfect... but better...

Finally I spraypainted the mirrors with black... and And let them dry.... and attached the covers.

Finished product looked like this

Not too bad, i like the black a lot more than the white....

Then just my luck, another A3er posts up his black mirror covers right after i spraypaint my mirrors.....
SHOOT!
I ended up buying his mirror covers too, just in case i get sick of my quick DIY job, or want just black mirrors...


License Plate Delete Plate

Also picked up this piece off of the guy with the black mirrors....


Looks good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home