Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Sucessful Weekend.

The projects completed this past weekend..
-Cupra R Lip installed
-Finished up the missing taillight tint piece
-Half-corrected my messed up auto-leveling headlights
-Avic D3 installed.

Cupra R Lip
Not too hard to install... Some dremeling and and an extra set of hands or 2 helps.

I picked it up from AbbottAutomotive!
You can pick one up here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3848067

At my previous ride height i barely ever scraped...
Not a scrape:

2 Minor scrapes from dumb mistakes.


So that means it can go lower!!









Taillight Tint...
No pics of that, but when I was first installing my taillight tint, i messed up on my passenger side tint...
So i installed the rest and ordered another overlay... and i finally got it installed this weekend.


Auto-Leveling Headlights
Since I dropped the front like 1+" more, it really messed up my headlights... they pretty much pointed straight at the ground, and I could only see 10 feet in front of me...
I had to turn my high beams on to drive at night.
So i shortened the bar like half an inch... which helped, but it still points a little low, so I'm probably going to have to cut off another quarter of an inch..


Finally....
Avic D3!
I got it installed on Friday at JP Autosounds in Santa Ana...
Pretty good shop... I liked it...
He couldnt get the PAC steering wheel controllers to work, so I'm going to go in later this week to get it done, hopefully.

I paired it with my 15GB 3rd Gen iPod...
The OLDD ass one w/ the orange buttons, since thats all I have right now.
It works fine, since the only problem w/ it is battery life, and the AVIC Charges it, so no problems here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Roox said...

Nice work with the Pioneer D3! I'm thinking about putting an AVIC-F900BT in my A3. It the latest navigationsystem from Pioneer.

You first had a single DIN, right? Is it a lot of work to convert to double DIN? How mutch did all the parts cost?

Love your A3, by the way!

Gr

June 3, 2008 at 3:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

The double din conversion isnt too hard.... its just time consuming.
You just need to take your time and be careful

June 21, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home