Friday, June 29, 2007

DIY Fog Vents

One thing thats been bothering me about my new intake is that the intake filter is located in front of the driver side tire, behind the bumper.
The thing about this spot is that there no direct opening from the front of the bumper to the intake....


If you at this pic, you can see the filter hiding in the back behind the bumper....


The problem here, is that if you put back in the fog grills...
The hole for the intake is almost completely blocked off


Last night i discovered this, where the fog light grill is vented to allow air flow...


SWEET! I thought... I'll order one tomorrow...
This morning (afternoon?) i woke up... and thought to myself... damn, i bet i can make that thing myself!!!
Nothing like a DIY to start off your day

So i whipped out my trusty dremel and started cutting away....

Started with the middle....


Cleaned it up....


Decided to do the outsides too....


Finally....

BREATHE FREE MIGHTY INTAKE!!!!

Haha... its definantly not perfect... but its functional, which is whats important.
I might buy the OEM vented one in the future if my un-perfect DIY starts bothering me... but im fine with it for now...
Anyways, it was free and DIYs are fun.


Total time was less than 1 hour

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home